More information about cookies
What’s a cookie?
A cookie is a harmless text file that is stored on your browser when you visit almost any website. The usefulness of the cookie is that the web is able to remember your visit next time you browse that page. Although many people do not know the cookies have been in use for 20 years, when the first browser for the World Wide Web.
What is NOT a cookie?
It is not a virus or a Trojan, a spam or spyware, or open pop-up windows.
What information stores a cookie?
Cookies do not often store sensitive information about you, such as credit card or bank account information, photographs, your identity card or personal information, etc. The data stored are technical, personal preferences, personalization of content, etc.
The web server does not associate you as a person if your web browser. In fact, if you usually browse with Internet Explorer and try to browse the same web with Firefox or Chrome you will see that the web does not realize that you are the same person because you are actually associating the browser, not the person.
What kind of cookies exist?
- Technical cookies: These are the most basic and allow, among other things, to know when you are browsing a human or an automated application, when an anonymous user navigates and one registered basic tasks for the operation of any dynamic web.
- Analytical cookies: collect information on the type of navigation is performing, most used sections, reference numbers, time period of use, language, etc.
- Advertising cookies: display advertising based on their navigation, their country of origin, language, etc.
What are first-party and third-party cookies?
First-party cookies are those generated by the page you’re visiting and third-party cookies are generated by internal or external providers such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc.
What if I turn off cookies?
To understand the scope may have to disable cookies we show some examples:
- You can not share content from that page to Facebook, Twitter or any other social network.
- The web site will not adapt content to their personal preferences, as often happens in the online stores.
- NYou can not access the personal area of â€‹â€‹the web, such as my own, or my profile or orders.
- Online Stores: It will be impossible to make purchases online, will have to be telephone or by visiting the physical store if you have one.
- You can not customize their geographic preferences as time zone, currency or language.
- The web site will not perform analytical web visitors and traffic on the web, making it difficult for the website to be competitive.
- You can not write on the blog, you can not upload photos, post comments, evaluate or rate content. The web may not know whether you are a human or an automated application that publishes spam.
- It can not be sectioned display advertising, which will reduce income from the web.
Can I remove cookies?
Yes. Not only eliminate also block, general or particular to a specific domain.
To remove cookies from a website should go to your browser settings and there you can find the associated domain in question and proceed to its elimination.
Cookies settings for the most popular browsers
Here’s how to access a particular cookie Chrome browser. Note: These steps may vary depending on the browser version:
- Go to Settings or Preferences using the File menu or by clicking the icon that appears personalization top right.
- You’ll see different sections, click the Show Advanced Options..
- Go to Privacy Settings.
- Select All cookies and site data.
- A list appears with all cookies ordered by domain. To make it easier to find a specific cookie domain partially or completely enter the address in the search field cookies.
- After this filter will appear on the screen one or more lines with the web lascookies requested. Now just select it and press X to proceed with their elimination.
To access the cookie settings in Internet Explorer follow these steps (may vary depending on the version of the browser):
- Go to Tools, Internet Options.
- Click on Privacy.
- Move the slider to adjust the level of privacy you want.